Friday, March 11, 2005

Monday, 10:00 a.m.: Three Arguments in NJ.


On Monday at 10:00 a.m. EST, the New Jersey Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments in three Blakely-related cases: Natale, Abdullah, and Franklin, in that order, as I understand it. The arguments are to run to 12:15, so it looks like 45 minutes per argument, more or less. I don't know whether the court breaks between arguments.

Besides state supreme court Blakely arguments, the arguments should be interesting because of the similarities between Indiana's and New Jersey's sentencing regimes.

Tune in by Windows Media Player at this site just before 10 on Monday. I have hunted around briefly on the New Jersey judiciary's website, but I cannot find a place where the arguments are archived. It may exist, but I'm planning to listen live.

No comments: